Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Survey by Hugo !!

(Hugo)

Survey

My hypothesis about this survey is “the effect of choosing the health way to reduce stress is better than choosing the harmful ways”. I am interested to know whether choosing the harmful ways really helps them to reduce stress or not, and also I am interested where their stress mainly comes from and how is their feeling after they chose these ways to reduce their stress. Our group members include Aki, Mo, Winnie, Hamdan, and myself. We required about this topic and gave a questionnaire to 51 SIUC students. 9 sophomore students, 13 junior students, 8 senior students and 6 graduate students. We asked 10 questions (7 questions were multiple questions and 3 Yes-No questions) face to face at the student center and library on the SIUC campus. Also I have some good experience about the fact that asking people to do a survey is not that hard, and also they would be open to help me answer the questions.

When analyzing the survey result, I found that about a third (31%) of the population says they would try some harmful ways to reduce stress while the majority would not; roughly they agree with my hypothesis and they believe the healthy ways are better. However, the result shows a different story. For the people who choose healthy ways such as talking to friends, exercising and listening music, their feelings are basically the same as choose harmful ways. This means on the basis of outcome, healthy and unhealthy ways both might help release the stress. In this survey, the most interesting thing about the American students is which they would be open to help me answer the questions for example one of the answers of the questions, which harmful choice will you choose?” is drugs. Drugs are illegal in Illinois; there are still 2 students who chose to use drugs. Maybe this is the American culture, and also it surprises me because drugs are not common in my country.

If I do this survey next time in the future, I would choose more than 200 people to answer my survey, they would not only be students, but also would include business men, teachers, lawyers, and doctors, because everyone would have stress. Also, this survey gave me experience how to ask people to do a survey; If I have other chances to research how to reduce stress again, I would not choose people who studied in a group or took lunch in a group to answer my survey together, because the people who are in a group always have the similar answers. Although, from the result of my survey. I found out the people who choose healthy ways, have the same feeling as those who choose the harmful ways, I still suggest that people use the healthy ways, and only the healthy ways really help people, because not matter the harmful ways can help reduce stress or not, it’s bad for out health.

No comments:

Post a Comment