Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Aki's Survery Report

Stress is common problem in college life. So how to choose the best way to reduce stress is very important, especially for students. Ways of reducing stress is our groups topic and our group’s members include Mo, Winnie, Hamdan, Hogo and me. Ours hypothesis is American students think that exercise is the main way for college students to reduce stress. We really are interested in this topic because we want to find the best way to reduce stress. We conducted a survey of 50 SIUC American students; the respondents included 25 males and 25 females. We went to the SIUC student center and Faner and asked students to do questionnaires. They were very friendly and we discussed many ways to reduce stress.

Nowadays a lot of information shows that exercise is a good way to reduce stress. That’s why we made the hypothesis that exercise is the main way for students to reduce stress, but in our survey some students didn’t agree with ours hypothesis. They thought exercise is time-consuming. In addition, according to our survey, most female respondents didn't choose exercise because they thought they don’t have partners to go with. They think listening to music is more effective because they can do it any time. Also, they like to choose “talk with friends” to reduce stress, because it not only reduces stress, because it not only reduces stress, but also includes social function. In this survey I learned many ways to reduce my stress, I really enjoyed this survey.

If I could do or make a survey next time, I would like my respondents to answer questionnaires by interviewing individually. After respondents answer the questionnaires, I will ask them the detail of why they chose the answers and take the notes behind the questionnaires. Then, we can get more respondents' opinions by interviewing one by one. I think this way can make my survey more clear. In addition, I like my topic because this topic provides a good way for students to reduce stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment