Monday, March 7, 2011

Survey Report

Moatasem AL-Ridha

There are many reasons that can cause dangerous to our body; one of the most important reasons is stress. Stress can reduce the ability of the immune system to fight the diseases. The body becomes more susceptible to different diseases. For all these dangerous reasons, we decided to make this survey to looking for the Ways of reducing stress. My hypothesis is "American female talk to friends and listen to music more than American male" to reduces stress. The most important way to reduce stress that female use is talk to friends. If a woman suffers from a dangerous disease like breast cancer, she becomes more likely to recover from this disease if she expresses her anger outwardly by talking to her friends. This point was very interesting for me to know about these details, I work with a wonderful group to ask students; my group contains Hamdan, Aki, Hugo and Winnie. We asked students from Southern Illinois University - Carbondale (SIU-C) in different place inside the campus such as Fanner Hall, Student Center and Morris Library. The total number of the students, who participated in our survey, was 51 people. They were 26 females and 25 males. I got experience in how to ask students and also how to talk with strangers.

American students deal with me very nicely; all the students help me. . Only one student in the Morris library refused to fill the form he said "I am sorry, I have homework, and I do not have time". It was very interested to talk with these students. I expected, I would find a huge difference between the percent of females and males in talking to friend when they feel stress. I thought the female also more than male listen to music. After I collected the result I found there is a difference between female 65% and male 48%. My hypothesis is right, but there was no big difference between the results. Also, the percent of females who listen to music was 42%, and male 40%; it is very closest, but it still is different.

Finally, my advice to make this survey better is making the questions with more specific details without any generalization. Also, we should ask large numbers of people to get real results. One of the important points when you ask people in general; you should choose the good place and time to ask them, because these points affect the result

No comments:

Post a Comment